- Bright Solutions for Dyslexia video resources
- The Amazing World of Dyslexia short video that explains dyslexia to children. Based on the book Mommy Why is it Hard for me to Read? by Rose Kuntz
- Embracing Dyslexia
- Dyslexia: A Hidden Disability
- Dyslexia for a Day
- Dyslexia Explained: What’s It Like Being Dyslexic?
- Barton Reading and Spelling System; Program used during tutoring sessions.
- The Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® (LiPS®); Program used if student doesn’t pass the Barton screening.
- Bright Solutions for Dyslexia: This website shares the latest Dyslexia research.
- International Association for Dyslexia; North Carolina Branch website dedicated to promoting literacy through research, education, and advocacy.
- Learning Ally: Learning Ally is a national nonprofit with a defined approach to help support students with learning disabilities and their families. Audio Books for students.
- LD Online: The world’s largest website on Learning Disabilities and ADHD.
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity; Resource for parents and educators to learn more about Dyslexia.
- Start With a Book; Provides engaging activities for students to get hooked on books.
- Put Reading First: The research building blocks for teaching children to read.
- Famous people with Dyslexia; A list of famous people with Dyslexia.
- Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina: Grassroots movement to raise dyslexia awareness.
Reading & Spelling:
- Quizlet free learning tools for students and teachers. Great way to create flashcards for studying.
- Sight Words by Teacher Created Materials; Great way to practice sight words. Students love this!
- Spelling Bug by Power Math Apps; Great for beginning spellers.
- A+ Spelling; Input weekly spelling lists to practice, students can even record their words.
- Spelling City; A game based tool to help with spelling and vocabulary.
- Tic Tac Toe Phonics; A fun Tic Tac Toe game to help build language skills.
- Raz-Kids; A free app to access school or personal subscription.
- SparkleFish; A fun game that acts like Mad Libs where you record silly stories by inputting words.
- Shake-a-phrase by artgig apps; Great for learning new vocabulary and using your imagination.
- Story Builder by Mobile Education Store; A fun way to improve writing skills.
- Grammar Wonderland by McGraw Hill; Games to help with grammar that students enjoy playing.
- Phoneme Videos by k-12; An app that will provide correct pronunciation of the sounds.
- Word Wizard by L’Escapadou; Reading and spelling activities that are engaging.
- ModMath; Free app that helps students write math problems
- Touch Math Adventures; Students will learn touch points that help with counting and math facts.
- Touch Math Adventures; Jungle Addition 1
- Splash Math; Grade level math activities
- Hungry Fish; A fun way to practice mental math facts. Students love feeding the fish!
- Tric-Trac by McGraw-Hill; A two player game to practice math facts.
- Top-It by McGraw-Hill; A two player game to practice addition facts and number comparisons.
- Hands-on Equations; The fun way to learn algebra!
- Times Tables; DVD or resource book that help students learn multiplication facts through stories.
- Touch Math; A free DVD to learn basic adding and subtracting number touch points.
Fine motor and handwriting:
Books & more
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz, M.D.
- The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan; A Blueprint for Renewing Your Child’s Confidence and Love of Learning by Ben Foss
- Essentials of Dyslexia Assessment and Intervention by Nancy Mather & Barbara J. Wendling
- The Dyslexia Checklist; A Practical Reference for Parents and Teachers by Sandra F. Rief, M.A and Judith M. Stern, M.A.
- Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention; A Book for Kids About ADHD by Kathleen G. Nadeau, Ph.D. and Ellen B. Dixon, Ph.D.
- Writing Skills; Cursive Writing Skills student and teacher workbook by Diana Hanbury King
- It’s Called Dyslexia by Jennifer Moore-Mallinos; A story about a little girl who has dyslexia.
- The Alphabet War by Diane Burton Robb; A story about a little boy who has dyslexia.
- The Dunderheads by Paul Fleischman; A story about a group of children with unique talents.
by Rose Kuntz
- Franklin Spelling Ace SA-309; Electronic speller to be used by student as a resource for spelling.
Additional Orton-Gillingham Tutors
This website only offers information about resources, it is not a referral or endorsement of any particular provider, nor does it make any recommendation or representation about the ability, quality or competence of the resource providers listed here. Use of this website implies consent to this disclaimer.
- Laguna Niguel, CA, Credentialed Tutoring, Dyslexia Tutor, Barton Certified- Suzanna Bortz,MS, 949-338-0362, credentialedtutoring.com
- Los Gatos, CA, Reading and Spelling Solutions, Dyslexia Remediation and Neuropsychological Evaluation, Orton-Gillingham based programs including Barton, Wilson, Lindamood Bell. Dr. Silvana Casale ABSNP. PH.D. www.readingandspelling.com
- Santa Clarita, CA- Chrisie Lim, Learning Success, Barton Certified at the Masters Level, LiPS Trained, Dyslexia Screener http://santaclaritadyslexiasolutions.com 661-222-2233
- Santa Rosa, CA, Anjel Totty, Totty Educated Solutions. Specializing in reading, writing and spelling. Certified Barton Tutor, LiPS Trained, Dyslexia Screener, http://AnjelTotty.com
- Upland, CA – Cynthia Dapello, Could It Be Dyslexia, Certified at the Master Level in the Barton System, LiPS Trained, SWI Trained, Dyslexia Screener, In Person and Online Remote Tutoring, http://www.coulditbedyslexia.com
- Denver, Colorado, Orton Gillingham, LiPs Reading Dyslexia Tutor- Diane Talbot www.tutoringcolorado.com/
- Atlanta, GA, Reading Dyslexia OG/Barton Tutors- Ladder Learning Services LLC atlantareads.org
- Dacula, GA & Buford, GA Dyslexia Tutor Sybil Barker, Certified Tutor, Dyslexia Specialist, www.SchoolteacherTutors.com
- Shawnee/Johnson County KS- Dyslexia and Literacy Specialist: Allison Winters, M.Ed.CCC-SLP www.SpeechAbilityLLC.com
- Linden, MI — Lisa Barnett, SE Teacher, Online & In-Person Tutor Services: Reading & Language Usage www.seethebeautyindyslexia.com
- Jackson, MS — Jeannette Washington, M.Ed Dyslexia Advocate | Keynote Speaker | Teacher Trainer | Online Tutoring Service | Author www.bearlyarticulating.com
- Poplar Bluff, MO – Alice Barbour, www.helpfordyslexia.net
- Missoula, MT — Carolyn Goldammer. Elementary Teacher, Orton-Gillingham trained reading & dyslexia tutor. www.carolynstutoringmissoula.com
- Las Vegas,Kris Williams, M.Ed., Certified in Barton Reading and Spelling System, Screening for Dyslexia, also teaching math using Making Math Real methodology, www.DreamsUnlockedTutoring.com
- Las Cruces, NM reading dyslexia tutor, Online tutoring for dyslexia- CC Manning (website?)
- Santa Fe, Hope B. DuBois, Making the Connection Learning Services, M.A. Spec. Ed., B.S. Elem. Ed, CALP lic. 4135, in-person and online tutoring. www.readingtutorsf.weebly.com.
- Belmont, NC- Leigh Owens www.NewHopeTutoring.net
- Raleigh, NC – Jennifer Byrd, Certified Barton Reading & Spelling System Tutor,Dyslexia Consultant & Screener, www.byrdtutoring.com
- Raleigh, NC – Southern Wake County, close proximity to Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Apex, Cary & Raleigh – Lisa Durham, Certified Dyslexia Tutor, www.ldtutoring.com
Wilmington, NC – April Coggins/Bright Minds Tutoring, Dyslexia Specialist, BrightMindsTutoringNC.com
- Columbus, OH Reading Dyslexia Tutor Nationwide Dyslexia Homeschool Consultations -Carol Morehart, www.ReadingHelpColumbusTutor.com
- Salem, OR Dyslexia Consultant, Screener, & Barton (OG) Tutor- Jane Gramenz, MA Teaching, BA Psychology – Ms. Jane’s Tutoring www.msjanestutoring.com
- Salem, OR. Dyslexia Specialist including assessments, screening, and tutoring (Barton Reading, pre-Barton, LiPS trained). Homeschool Assistance/Testing, Advocate for special education (getting evaluations with the school, IEP and 504 information). Susan Farmer, Academic Learning Solutions. http://www.AcademicLearningSolutions.com
- Chester County – Noreen McCarthy, Certified Barton Tutor, www.bestreadingsolutions.weebly.com
- Cranston, RI Orton-Gillingham Tutor and Certified Reading Specialist -Diane P. Proctor https://dianepproctor.wordpress.com/ 401-215-6801 On Facebook as: Cranston Orton-Gillingham Tutor
- Rapid City, SD Karin Merkle, Rapid City Dyslexia Care
605-786-5677 www.rcdyslexiacare.com facebook.com/RapidCityDyslexiaCare
- Orem, UT- Reading Dyslexia Tutor, Amanda Bradshaw (801) 471-8281 bradshawtutoring.weebly.com
- Dale City, VA- Betty Macomber, 1 in 5 Dyslexia Tutoring and Learning Center , Advanced Certified Barton Tutor, Dyslexia Screening, LiPS provider, Certified Irlen Screener, Certified Equipping Minds Tutor. Online and in-person tutoring. www.1in5dyslexiatutoring.com
- Olympia, WA – Reading Dyslexia Tutor, Dite Bray, Certified OG/Barton www.olyreads.com